Slight look back

Okay, so I should have blogged the night before last, but I didn't. I ended up talking to a few people way late and doing research. Research for what? Well that's part of what made Thursday such a good day.



After a fairly long day, my phone rings at 10 til 7. Its Glenn. I haven't spoken to Glenn in almost 3 months. And I've missed him more than I can say.



I wish Glenn lived here because I can't imagine any guy I'd want in my life more. That I'd want to have asking tough questions and keeping me real.



So we talked for about 20 minutes, because he was going to visit his lady friend. We talked a little about why we hadn't talked, and a lot more about how we were spiritually. And its so weird, because we were both dealing with very similar things, kind of. In terms of how they relate spiritually. One of the things we talked about was everything I shared in the previous few posts about what was going on with Amber. Glenn and I talked for a while longer, he almost has me convinced to come spend a week or so with him on Long Beach, and then we said goodbye.

Almost as soon as I hang the phone up, even before I can set it down, I get a text message. Its Amber telling me that the next night (i.e. last night, Friday) will be best if I still want to go out. I text her back saying heck yes I do, and she sends an excited "Okay!" So . . . she's excited?

Then on Thursday night, I spent about 15 minutes just praying for various people. For Amber and her family. For Brian. For my mom and brother. For Dan and Alissa. For Nick. For Rachel. For Daniel and Dan R. For my extended family. For my friends involed with Young Life. I just made a go of it.

And that's something I need to do more. I'm so bad at praying for others.

Anyhow, I stayed up way too late researching resteraunts and then . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment