While Broken Hearts Prevail . . . In Shallow Seas We Sail

Intended amalgamation of emery's latest ep and cd, which I think they intended to go together like that. I was just putting it because I like having figured it out, and the music is great, but now that I think on it . . . I believe there is something of a reality in the meaning as well.

So Monday pool parties are becoming a wonderful habit. I don't know why no one thought of them sooner. I'm sold.

This post is mostly to tell of a story I forgot to tell yesterday. On Sunday, at church . . . one of the Bible readings for the service was the Parable of the Talents (also known as the Parable of the Minas, or Parable of the Ten Minas). Everybody should recognize where that has come up before. The only thing . . . I was praying about different stuff the night before. This could be . . . well it could easily be something else, though very similar. Perhaps that would make it an even greater sign. I wrote on my bulletin, "I love ambiguous signs." Perhaps I should be listening more closely. Maybe I already hesitated. Its tough to listen right now. But . . . something is there. I suppose I should probably dig just a little.

I just realized . . . I want people to know me. I want the people I'm around right now, Stephen and Dan and Michael. I want them to know what I'm really like. The way my heart really beats. That when somebody asks about me they can just say, "He loves the Lord with his whole heart, he's tough, he loves well, and he's a certain kind of reliable." Or something like that. Probably less stupid and conceited sounding.

Another last minute thought. Tonight while we were hanging out Daniel brought up Harlequin icthyosis, which is a pretty horrific skin disorder. After a minor spat over the actual origin of ichtyosis (I minored in NT Greek and have worked on two New Testament translations, I think I would know), they started talking about pictures and video of it. And I realized I had absolutely no desire to see it. I just knew it would break my heart. I joked about being tender hearted, but . . . now I'm wondering. See there are certain things I can take, and I'd say I'm pretty solid, but for some reason that gets to me. And there are so many other things I wish I could forget. Its this weird dichotomy: I've been a river guide, done martial arts for years, played hockey in college, and have developed some emotional toughness as well. And maybe its just lately things get to me more, but maybe its certain things I can't handle. And I'm not sure if its good or bad. And I'm not sure what condition of resiliency I'd really say my heart had right now. Its just something I noticed.

Remember this, God is good, and He is in control. My time is coming. My time is close at hand. God brings victory. God is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment